Translator

Friday 18 October 2013

It's been a while, hasn't it?

With the sister!



Its been a couple of months since I last wrote to my readers, sorry about that. Well, to summarize it, I'm back in India and it has been a roller coaster ride. Far more complex that I had imagined. Things have changed, and so have I. My structured life isn't the way it used to be. Sometimes it's taunting, but looking at the larger picture, I know its for the best. Leading two lives, can be quite the challenge with my two oh-so different sets of friends. Hell, even my families are worlds apart!












In all honesty, I haven't found the inspiration to write about my life lately. The mundane routine leaves me with almost no time for leisurely activities. The whole process of change is absolutely overwhelming, leaving me in emotional turmoil at times. But with new friendships bubbling, and a better relationship with my family, I learn to cherish the little things about life. I cannot possibly be learning more from this transition!



There's something you should know me, I am a fanatic when it comes to Indian history. The Indian Independence struggle, the partition, the Nation's leaders, it all enthrals me to no end. Today I decided to laze around for a while, not being bogged down by responsibilities. My body utterly drained from an important school event, I decided to curl up in bed and watch a movie. I picked one called ''The Day India Burned'', it's more of a documentary really by an English Historian.

This time around, it wasn't myself getting swept off my feet emotionally (although I did shed a tear or two) but more of analyzing the religion, studying the geography and digging deep into history. And it was 2 hours of breathtaking tales of politics mingled with greed, hunger, lust and love complemented by religion, migration and other not so pleasant sentiments.

I know you're probably wondering where my fascinating adventure abroad fits into the scheme here. But it does, in a large way actually. Studying Gandhi extensively, reading on different points of view on this man, both the praises and critics has led me to believe and stand by his principle of Ahimsa, or non violence. The deeper I dig, the more rooted I stand to my belief that diversity and tolerance are the very base of mankind, if not overpowered by greed and unreasonable beliefs.

Today I felt the need to jot this down, as an overwhelming wave of inspiration hit me. As always, thank you for reading! (:

1 comment: