Translator

Friday 12 April 2013

The countdown -100



February was a really unexpected month, probably the most difficult though. After 6 months, I decided I needed change for the better and did a switch in host family. With the confrontation, paper work and what not, let's just say it wasn't so pleasant! And let me stress on the better, because things have been better than ever lately!



After 3 very lazy months, school finally started. Talking about school, I understand everything just like a regular student, though I get out of homework at times .
Justo(excuse my occasional Spanish) ,after about a week, Easter break started. Which goes on for about a week. So being in Argentina, you can't expect anything but a vacation!
Not that I'm complaining, of course.

So bags packed, the 5 of us headed to Salta and Jujuy which is in North Argentina. Now let me tell you something about the north. When I was in India, I had a mental picture of how Argentina would be like, Gauchos(cowboys) and folklore on the streets. Ample Asados(beef bbq) and driving through mountains. Salta is all that and more, absolutely beautiful! Apart from the 6am-12pm schedule which ensured we saw practically every nook and corner of the north, it was all that family time which made all the better. My host sister, Victoria is what you'd call "Buena onda" . Part best friend, part sister, part mother, part practically everything you can ask for!


Now for my friends, I wouldn't change them for THE WORLD! There's Lola, the pretty one, practically best friend. Then there's Herrera, the rough hocky player who thinks I'm a "maricona"  , then there's Yeye, the quiet one. Joana, the crazy dancer, and Mora, my running/ice-cream buddy. It's pure fun getting invited to the good parties with the girls and the night outs.I have no clue how I'm going to deal without them when I return to India

Also other exchangers, must watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpOfFlX8gc

1 comment: