Translator

Thursday 13 December 2012

Deep, I know

So today I decided to go in a little deeper and come to terms with this emotional roller coaster that I'm on. Here goes:
After a very uncomfortable 3 hour bus ride, finally got to Rosario and met with my AFS contact person Luciana. Either she's really patient or doesn't have a choice but to listen to everything that I've been going through. Doing an exchange to Spain herself she really understands what it is like. So after indulging myself  buying shoes and clothes, I got back home and there was a blackout. Having nothing else to do, I started thinking on what Luciana and I had discussed . In spite of having all the freedom in the world, in spite of all the shopping, in spite of all the amazing parties, in spite of everything being perfect. At the end of the day, you feel hollow from a sense of security. And I didn't think I would be affected by it.
All this while being at home back in India, I loved the freedom that I got, although restricted. And now, I really want familiarity and someone, somewhere just helping me along the way.

Anyway, a new batch of exchangers are arriving in February and apparently we're going to be the "experienced" ones. Can you imagine? Being as lost and clueless as we are and still trying to figure it all out? But I guess we have  to give it to ourselves for surviving the first 3 months with your world tossed upside down

No comments:

Post a Comment