Translator

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Day 50 something

I started to write this blog when my uncle (host) came by the house with this really deadly bike. So my host brother and I got on it and went for a ride, it looked like one of those sports bikes so I asked how fast it could go and he said 300 KM. So we dropped my host brother off and we went to buy Gatorade. The next 10 minutes was probably the most adrenaline pumping activity I've done in a while. The bike went so fast that I had water on the sides of my eyes, SO EXCITING!

Anyway, back to normality. There was a really powerful storm over here, so strong that the bridge connecting the pueblo I stay in and the city that my school is in, collapsed. How convenient!
So just went I decide to start Tango lessons, all the bus routes get cut. And no exchange student wants to be a burden on the family. So I'll probably go to the cultural centre for an afternoon activity. Don't know how that's going to turn out, but I'll take my chances.
In my defense, it was 5 am
My host family went on holiday for a couple of weeks, and I didn't think I would feel this strongly about my baby host brother. He's 3 years old and honesty the most happy child in the world. It feels weird being attached to him this much, back home I have an older sister but I've ALWAYS wanted a younger sibling. Communication is not a problem, (just this time) gibberish works just fine!

During psychology :D
I finally feel comfortable here and it took longer than expected. But now I feel at home with my friends and we actually have inside jokes which I didn't think was possible because of the language barrier. But that's what makes it all funnier.
 I went for a walk the other day and couldn't find my way back but I just kept walking till I found my house, it tooK a while. I put on the A/C for the first time here a few days ago. Yes, it was a proud moment for me!
I'm going to get back to LEGO with my brother, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment